Thursday, July 16, 2009

Blessed with a Burden

All of us are called to something special in life.  We each have a passion that was given to us by the One who knows us better than we know ourselves.  Once we discover what that passion is, nothing we try to do in life will satisfy, save our calling.  If we choose to do nothing with the passion that is in our hearts, our lives will in turn be empty and we will feel incomplete.

As many of you know, I have a burden for foster children in the Antelope Valley.  I feel like this burden has been given to me as a way to help those who cannot help themselves.  God has placed on my heart to start a Christian home for foster children in the AV.  With much prayer the dream of Hope House will be a reality in the future.

I am working towards starting the paperwork for the non-profit process.  I am going to be talking to a lawyer tomorrow about getting the ball rolling.  I am super scared about all this, but I feel like God is asking me to step out in faith and trust Him with the rest. I am excited to watch (and work) and see what He does.  

Pray along with me as we journey out on this venture of faith!

No comments: