Wednesday, August 26, 2009

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

Last week we got our permission from Hope House to also use the name.  Since then we have been anxiously awaiting the letter of permission in the mail.  Today our waiting was over!  I was very excited to open the letter and get the paperwork submitted.

But to my surprise, the letter said just the opposite of what I was told on the phone.  It said I was NOT able to have permission to use the name.  I seriously felt like I had been punched in the stomach.  I felt like we had taken this HUGE step forward with obtaining permission, only to take 2 steps back after reading this letter.

So, I did what any logical person would do in my situation... I asked again! :)  I sent another request making it clear that our title is an acronym and would be different from their name.  I do ask that you all would be in prayer about this.  I know it seems like such a little thing and you are probably wondering why I don’t just change the name... well, the short of it is, I really feel like God chose this name and He is going to work it out.  He will fight for us!  Be in prayer with us please! 

No comments: