Sunday, August 1, 2010

Sun-Stopping Faith





Joshua was a man who dared to pray audacious prayers.  He knew that he served a big God; a God that would answer on his behalf.  Joshua did not shrink back or cease to press on because things were difficult. He pressed on and prayed on.  He prayed prayers that were powerful; prayers that invited God to come and do something amazing.  


In Joshua 10:12-14 we read that Joshua and his army were fighting against the Amorites, but night was quickly approaching.  If darkness fell, Joshua and his men would be at a disadvantage and possibly be overtaken.   So, knowing that God had told him the Amorites would be destroyed by his hand, he did what came naturally to him; he prayed.  He prayed a prayer that might seem almost ridiculous, but he did it knowing God would show Himself faithful.

Check out what Joshua 10:12-14 says:
On the day the LORD gave the Amorites over to Israel, 
Joshua said to the LORD in the presence of Israel: 
        "O sun, stand still over Gibeon, 
       O moon, over the Valley of Aijalon."
         So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, 
       until the nation avenged itself on its enemies



He prayed a pray that stopped the sun, the SUN!  He needed more daylight to defeat the army that God told him he would defeat, so he asked God to stop the sun.  And God did!

Why is this significant?  I know that God is telling me to do the same.  I know that this venture (home for Hope) is from the Lord, and in that, I know He wants to do some amazing things through this ministry.  He is asking me if I am willing to pray sun-stopping prayers and watch and see what He will do.  Am I?  

If I am, it means I will get uncomfortable in my prayers. Asking Him to do things that I know are impossible with man, but completely possible with God.  It means I am stepping out of my comfort zone in prayer and seeking Him for the unbelievable.  I am ready!  

Sun-stopping prayers are still answered today, we just don't take the time to pray them.  I know God is expectantly waiting for us to begin to pray those sun-stopping prayers for Home for Hope.  He wants to bless His daughters beyond their imagination!  To show them, through this ministry, that He loves them more than they could ever know!  

Would you pray with us?

No comments: